How To Cross A Road In Hanoi
Most foreign travelers confirm that walking around and crossing a road in Vietnam was difficult to do, especially in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. Drivers always honk their horns without any clear reason. Normally, the meaning of a honk is to get out of my way or an apology for hitting. So, if this is the first time you visit Vietnam, I will suggest how to cross a road in Hanoi. First of all, you need to know the key is your confidence and quickness. Tours in Vietnam
Here is how it’s done
- 1st step: To cross the street, the foreign travelers should step their foot without waiting for about more than two walking signals. If not, they will wait a long time when the local people still keep going no matter what the walking street is.
- 2nd step: Notice the following vehicles to judge their movements before going. When deciding to move, please keep straight and go steadily across the road. The drivers would automatically avoid you.
- 3rd step: Please not look back, suddenly stop or turn to the right/left in the middle of the street. Since the drivers won’t understand what you are going to do, and they might hit you.
- 4th step: In case that you go with a group, all should be close together to decrease road block. Remember to hold hands to avoid the division from the oncoming vehicles.
- 5th step: Don’t forget your hand signal because it’s quite helpful to pave the way than looking for the zebra-crossing in Hanoi.
- 6th step: If you find a space, be quick to cross the road now.
Some safe tips for the foreign travelers on Hanoi’s streets
- Be slow and steady
One of the biggest mistakes that most foreign travelers can make is to run across the street. The drivers will watch and adjust their speed based on the travelers’ pace. If there is any sudden move, it will be dangerous. Just be at an even pace and everything will be safe.
Please see more: luxury Indochina tours
- Notice of buses, cars, and motorbikes
The larger the vehicle is, the more difficult it is to move around a pedestrian. Please be engraved in your heart if you’re in Vietnam, especially in Hanoi. Therefore, you need to yield to buses and cars with a little regulation of your pace. Although it’s sometimes contrary to your common senses, you will be safer when walking in front of a crowd of motorbikes than a single bus.
- Always be watchful on and off the road
Keep in mind that traffic in Hanoi is not limited to the real roadways. The foreign travelers can see some vehicles driving on the footways. And in some cases, they go against the flow of traffic. That’s why the travelers need to observe wherever they’re walking and paying attention to all directions before (and while) crossing the road. Additionally, if there is a sudden horn, it might be a warning that they don’t notice the following vehicle.
Well, how do you feel? Are you sure that you know how to cross a road in Hanoi already? I hope with some necessary steps, and useful tips will support you a lot for your trip in Vietnam.
Indochina Voyages Blogger
You may wonder if the full moon party is held on many beaches when travel to Thailand but no, the most famous and attractive is actually in Koh Phangan island. Koh Phangan island, with the total area of nearly 170 square kilometers, is the fifth…
At the altitude of 1500m compared with sea level, Dalat enjoys the cool weather and fresh air all year round even in summer time, the average temperature is approximately 20 degree Celcius. It is the stable weather that makes the “Sapa of the South” among…
You have something in mind now after reading our blog, please browse for our tours or start planning with usCustomize Now