Vietnam Visa Exemptions For Citizens From 5 Western-European Countries
Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the Socialist Republic of Vietnam must first obtain a visa. But if you are from a few lucky nationalities that are exempt, things are much easier!
Who is eligible for the 15-day waiver?
Vietnam has more than a dozen international crossing points on the borders with Laos (6 crossings), Cambodia (5 crossings), and China (at least 2 crossings). And as long as you stay fewer than 15 days, as a French, Italian, German, Spanish, or UK citizen you will not need a visa to cross the border.
What if I’m not from those countries?
You can choose 1 of 2 following options to get Vietnam Visa:
- Apply for a Vietnam visa at a Vietnamese Embassy and Consulate in your countries. It is also possible to apply for a Vietnam visa in countries around Southeast Asia, however, expect some procedures and restrictions.
- Apply for Vietnam Visa On Arrival (visa picked up at Vietnam International Airports)
Vietnam Visa on Arrival
Vietnam visa online – known as Visa On Arrival is an option to pick up the visa at one of Vietnam’s major international airports: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, or Da Nang. To obtain a Vietnam Visa On Arrival, travelers just need to complete the 3 following simple steps:
- Fill in an application form online with the correct details of your name, passport number, and arrival date via the secured network to receive an approval letter. Expect 2 – 3 working days (normal service) or 1 working day (urgent service) for the processing time.
- Receive and print your approval letter and take your passport on your trip
- Fill in a simple form, present your approval letter, passport, and passport photo(s), pay a visa-on-arrival fee, and have an immigration officer give you your visa stamp and entry visa upon arrival at one of these airports.
What if I want to travel Vietnam for longer?
If the length of stay in Vietnam of a citizen from Kingdom of Great Britain, Republic of France, Republic of Italy, Federal Republic of Germany, and the Kingdom of Spain is LONGER THAN 15 days, a Vietnam Visa is required. For visits of up to 30 days, you can get an e-visa online before you travel. For visits of longer than 30 days, please apply for a tourist visa before you go.
With 3,000 kilometers of tropical coastline, beautiful bays, large coffee plantations, exquisite food, and fascinating culture, Vietnam – a small gem in Southeast Asia has a lot to offer. How can you fully enjoy your travel to Vietnam? The first thing is to know how to apply for a Vietnam visa!
For the Vietnamese people, food is not only a specialty attracting travelers from all over the world but also a profound culture and lifestyle that stays in the soul of every person living in this country.With the terrain extends from the North to the South…
I and one of my colleges just came back to work after an 8-day travel to Thailand which was awesome. We were trying to travel to other places apart from the too famous Bangkok or Pattaya which is more than familiar to Vietnamese tourists. Though…
Well known as the most worth living city in Vietnam for a good quality of life and an affordable cost of living, Da Nang is a wonderfully nearby diverse progressive metropolis midway between Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi. And many of its riches are…
You have something in mind now after reading our blog, please browse for our tours or start planning with usCustomize Now