VIETNAM! 🇻🇳💕✌🏽✨ Had the most amazing adventure touring this country with my family in October 2023. Started in the south and worked our way north. Party of 6 including kids and grandparents late 60s.
Indochina Voyages with the help of Minh Vu. He was excellent! Minh was easy to work with and adjusted our trip to accommodate delayed flights and rainy weather (multiple delays in fact). Without asking he provided refunds for what we missed. My husband didn’t have a single issue with his shellfish allergy the entire trip. Each local guide took such care of us and really got to know our family. We have kept in touch with some since returning home.
Our trip was classified as a classic tour combining history, culture and food! 16 day, 15 nights. 5* hotels, two in country flights (Vietnam airlines), sprinter-van style transportation, English speaking guides, tour tickets etc coverage and several days breakfast/lunch. More importantly peace of mind that each day was carefully crafted for our family. Flights to- from- country were not included in price above. 30% deposit (can pay w a card for a fee) and then remaining balance was due within maybe 2 weeks of trip.
HCM (1) – fly to Danang – drive and stay in Hoi An (3)- drive to Hue – stay in Hue (2) – fly to Hanoi (1) – drive to Ninh Binh (2) – Halong Bay overnight cruise (1) – Hanoi (2) – Home …we lost the first few days of the trip due mechanical plane cancellations at home.
– Travel backpacks w capsule wardrobe for the win! Around 20lbs and laundry at the hotels was super easy. Not for everyone, but kept us from packing too much.
– October : it was hot and humid in HCM city and super rainy in central Vietnam. North Vietnam was comfortable during our time upper 80s-ish. All the hotels we stayed at had nice big umbrellas for us to take w us and use during our stay. Private transportation and all hotels had air conditioning.
– Cash exchange at hotels/jewlery stores was easy and new $100 preferred. All hotels, big city restaurants took CC (especially visa and Mastercard…occasionally Amex)
– Tourist Visas requires. I applied and they were approved quick (?72 hrs). Minh will provide a credible link. You have to upload a passport style headshot. Probably best to apply once and get it approved to get comfortable w process and then apply for rest of party. Proofread everything to make sure it is correct. If you have to submit again, you have to pay again.
– I brought a folder w printed copies of all documents to have. Be prepared to show passports at all hotels and they check visas at airport.
– Travel clinic appointment: Fam needed typhoid and up to date tetanus. We also chose to get rabies vaccine (3 parts).
I will never forget this trip. I appreciated learning about the history and culture, I enjoyed interacting with the people and of course the food was delicious. Highly recommend.
Tours You might like
Beyond the ordinaries of Asia
... is what inspire us to always step extra miles and offer you the trip of a lifetime, from the attentive planning stage till the tour is perfectly ended. Contact us right from now to plan your most memorable travel holiday.