Located about half a mile on the east side of Yadanarpon Pagoda, Yadanar Man Aung Pagoda is the octagonal shaped pagoda built in A.D. 1652. Essence of Myanmar
Built in 1658 by King Sanda Thudhamma Yaza and Queen Yadana Piya Dewi, the Yadanar Man Aung Pagoda is situated about half a mile (0.8km) in the northeast from the ancient palace mound, having been
Being 180 feet high and 54 feet wide the pagoda’s north-west corner includes a white cave with a 54 feet long, 13 feet wide and 10 feet in height. Indochina tours
During the Mrauk U reign, in the north side of the pagoda there were archeries competitions, elephant competitions and horse competitions.
Yadanar Man Aung Pagoda known as “Man Ngar Par”is appreciated as one of the five most venerable “Man” paya of Mrauk U. The five venerable “Man” payas of Mrauk U consist of Lawka Man Aung, Zeenat Man Aung, Sakkya Man Aung, Mingalar Man Aung and Yadanar Man Aung.
Containing seventeen smaller pagodas called as Ayan Zedi around the main pagoda, each of which was donated by Kings, Queens and other royal families of Mrauk U Dynasty, the pagoda was built with the aim of honoring the royal family.
The main pagoda is roundish at the base and reaches the height of 200 feet. Destroyed during the World War II and now has been renovated based on the first structure, the pagoda is believed to be one of the most popular religious sites in Myanmar. The whole structure enclosed within an eight- side boundary and the main pagoda resembling the shape of a huge bell are what make the pagoda different from the other pagodas. Although there is no floral decoration can be found on this pagoda, the pagoda still attracts tourists by its entrance of the wall representing some of stone lions guarding the pagodas.
The pagoda is traditionally believed to have been built for the purpose of acquiring or securing treasures both mundane and heavenly.