Embark on a captivating journey along Vietnam’s picturesque coastline as we guide you from the ancient streets of Hoi An to the vibrant shores of Nha Trang. With its breathtaking landscapes and rich cultural heritage, Nha Trang is often the natural choice after exploring the charm of Hoi An. In this travel blog, Indochina Voyage will provide essential tips and exciting ideas for the best way to travel from Hoi An to Nha Trang.
Why do many travelers decide to visit Nha Trang after Hoi An?
It’s believed that Hoi An and Nha Trang are the 2 must-visit destinations in central Vietnam. Hoi An is well known as ‘the city of light” in Vietnam with old towns, ancient houses, and stunning lanterns. Whereas, Nha Trang appears to be a dynamic city. What such a perfect complement.
Therefore, traveling from Hoi An to Nha Trang has become a popular choice among tourist itineraries going from the north to the south. It’s also common for tourists who have limited time because you can experience 2 different cultures of Hoi An and Nha Trang in this diverse country.
What to expect when traveling to Nha Trang?
When traveling to Nha Trang, here’s what you can expect:
- Stunning beaches with soft sands and crystal-clear waters
- Exciting water sports activities like snorkeling, scuba diving, and jet skiing
- Island excursions to nearby gems such as Hon Mun and Hon Tam
- Lively cityscape with a variety of dining, shopping, and nightlife options
- Cultural attractions like the Po Nagar Cham Towers and Long Son Pagoda
- Delicious seafood dishes featuring fresh catches from the sea
- Relaxing spas and hot springs for rejuvenation and pampering
- Family-friendly attractions like Vinpearl Land amusement park
- Beautiful coastal landscapes and panoramic views
- A vibrant and bustling atmosphere with a mix of modern amenities and local charm.
Best way to travel from Hoian to Nha Trang
The distance from Hoi An to Nha Trang is about 500 km. Therefore, there are many choices of transportation for your preference. Let Vietnam guided tours help you to find the way which is the most suitable choice for you.
Take a bus
- Price: from $12- $15 for a different transportation company
- Time: Around 13 hours
It’s highly recommended by many experienced tourists that taking a bus is a perfect choice, especially for budget travelers. Because it charges you a reasonable price which you can afford easily.
You can have peace of mind about the services of the bus. It’s good enough to make you feel convenient and energized until you arrive in Nha Trang. The bus service offers flexible departure schedules.
Furthermore, the bus picks you up in the center of Hoi An and drops you off in the center of Nha Trang. It’s more common to take a night bus which normally departs at 6 p.m and arrives in Nha Trang at 5 a.m the next day. You can get a sleep in Hoi An and get up in Nha Trang. Therefore, you have more time to visit the beautiful coastal city.
Take a private car
- Time: 12 hours
Booking a private car has become more and more increasingly popular for traveling from Hoi An to Nha Trang, especially for a family. Taking a private car, you can avoid being annoyed by crowds on the bus, and more importantly, you can depart to Nha Trang whenever you want.
Travelling by train
- Price: around $20 for a soft seat and $25-$35 for a soft berth (one-way).
- Time: about 10 hours
Another kind of transportation in central Vietnam suggested by Vietnam Guided Tours is traveling by train. However, there is no railway station in Hoi An, so you have to book a train from Da Nang railway station. It takes you about 45 minutes from the center of Hoi An to Da Nang station by bus or shuttle bus. The time can be shortened if you go by taxi.
There are 6 trains departing daily from Da Nang to Nha Trang. To save time and be more relaxed, you should get the night train starting at 10.30 pm at Da Nang station.
Arriving at Nha Trang railway station, you can walk or take a short taxi ride to get to the city center.
Taking a flight
- Time: about 3.5 hours
If you don’t want to travel by night and be bumped along the way, Vietnam guided tours give you the best choice to take the Hoi An to Nha Trang flight. Keep in mind that taking a flight is the most expensive way but the safest and fastest one.
- First, you have to go to Da Nang airport because Hoi An doesn’t have an airport.
- Then, you can take a shuttle bus to Da Nang airport. It takes you nearly 45 minutes or less than if you take a taxi.
- The flight takes you a little bit more than 1 hour from Da Nang to the airport in Nha Trang.
- You can choose a direct flight from Da Nang to Nha Trang from Vietnam Airlines or a low-cost airline from Vietjet Air. The cost of an air ticket varies depending on the airline company and seat class.
It’s not always necessary to book a return ticket. Arriving at Nha Trang airport, you can go to the city center by bus or taxi.
Hoi An to Nha Trang Travel Tips
- Bring your important documents
- Do not forget to book the ticket in advance
- Buy some food, and snacks before getting on the bus or train to fill your stomach along the way
- Traveling by bus or train, we have some breaks on the way for meals and short rest.
- If you want to admire the landscape along the way, you should depart in daytime
Of course, each has its own perks, for example, the train ride is a little bumpy but a fun experience. In conclusion, you should choose the way of traveling to fits you best so that you can feel truly relaxed during your Indochina tour with Vietnam-guided tours.
If have any questions or need valuable tips for travel from Hoi An to Nha Trang, let’s contact with Indochina Voyages Team. Our local travel expert will give you all you need!
Le Huu Dan – Travel Lover